(2022 note: this is all spectacularly old!!! Back when I wrote this you could still buy a car with a nickel. Like all hoarders, I’m just keeping it around in case it’s one day useful. Like say you have a time machine and you need a game engine from 2003 written by a socially awkward high schooler. It could happen!)
This was the game engine I wrote back when I was in high school/college. I wrote it from scratch in C++ with Direct3D 9. All the art was made by me, which, uh, in retrospect probably goes without saying since it kinda looks like programmer art from a 17 year old.
Some notable features:
- Vehicles, including tanks and jeeps.
- Weather effects (snow, rain)
- Very configurable particle system
- Terrain LOD (using a variant of GeoMipmapping) and imposters
- Positional 3D sound
- Custom map editor (written in C#)
- Custom mesh file format/exporter
This is the editor for my game engine.
I wrote this in C# and DirectX 9.
- Texture painting
- Landscape sculpting tools
- Object placement etc.